More of us are working remotely than ever before. Typically speaking, nearly 5 million Americans work from home at least half the week. Now, millions more people are working from home due to stay-at-home orders sparked by the coronavirus pandemic. If you’re looking to add fuel to your business, it may be disheartening to feel like you’re stuck at home, waiting to get back in the game. But Dave Pascht, an entrepreneur and digital marketing expert, thinks that working remotely can actually present some amazing opportunities to grow your business.
Dave, tell us about yourself.
I’ve always been an entrepreneur, and I thrive off of coming up with new, inventive ideas. It’s a challenging path to follow, because success is not a linear path. But it can also be much more rewarding, because the ceiling is essentially limitless. I think that’s one of the reasons why I’m a big fan of working remotely.
What are some of the perks of working remotely?
Firstly, I find that fresh locations can give me new ideas. For example, I can work on the go, on a plane, at a cafe, or poolside. I can hole up in my home office if I need to get my head in the game, and I can take walks around the block when I need fresh air. When you’re running a business remotely, your time is really in your hands. It can be risky if you don’t know what to do with it, but on the flipside, it can also be really rewarding.
What are some of those risks?
There’s a lot of temptation to slack off when working remotely. It can be easy to work for a little while, then flip on Netflix, or spend time scrolling on your phone, since there’s no one there to hold you accountable. But at the end of the day, you need to hold yourself accountable, in all situations, but especially when working remotely.
What are some ways to grow your business while working remotely?
I think there are six main ways you can grow your business while working remotely, under any circumstances.
- Tap into the power of social media. Social media provides endless potential for the success of your venture. This is the time to cultivate your social media image and tap into your network.
- Perfect the art of digital marketing. This goes hand-in-hand with social media. Once you have your social media ironed out, you can leverage that to excel in digital marketing.
- Spend time on personal growth. While you work remotely, block off some time to invest in yourself. This may be in the form of reading articles or books or listening to inspirational podcasts. Find teachers and leaders to keep you motivated.
- Maximize your work productivity. When you’re working remotely, it can be tempting to slack off, or put off things you don’t want to do. Stay on track and make the most of your time. If you do that, you can experience explosive work productivity.
- Set a schedule for yourself. Similar to tracking your work productivity, there’s lots of temptations out there when you’re working remotely, especially if you’re working from home. Wake up at a set time every day and develop a morning routine that you stick to. This could be a quiet cup of coffee with no distractions, a morning meditation, or an energizing workout. Find a daily routine that works for you, and that helps you stay on track.
How can people learn more about you?
I recently spoke more about my entrepreneurial background in an interview, and also spoke about my digital marketing expertise. I love sharing what I’ve learned along the way, because I know how challenging it is to be an entrepreneur.