Each year, thousands of people are seriously injured throughout the state of California. Someone else’s negligence often causes road accidents, resulting in injuries. If you’re a victim of a car accident, you have the right to receive compensation for your financial losses by filing a personal injury claim. While you may try to resolve the matter on your own, it’s still in your best interest to get some legal services.
Here are five signs you need to hire California lawyers for your car accident injury claim.
- You’ve been severely injured. When you’ve sustained injuries as a result of a car accident, it’s a good idea to consult a lawyer. Hiring an attorney is more beneficial in the case of a catastrophic injury, which may have life-long consequences on the quality of your life. With this type of injury, you may be entitled to a large amount of financial compensation. That’s why you need the expertise of a legacy auto attorney so you can obtain the right judgment in your favor. Not only that but your attorney should be prepared the moment the defense will strongly oppose your claim.
- Several parties were involved in the car accident. In the state of California, liability involving car accident cases may be established among several parties. After all, car accident injury claims may have the potential to bring complex issues about liability.
If you want to ensure that all parties involved pay their equitable share of the damages, you’ll need the assistance of a lawyer on your side. On the other hand, if you’re the offending party and you’ve been found liable by the court for more than your fair share for the damages, you’ll still want to be legally represented by the best lawyer in town. The attorney you hire will help you understand the applicable law and will also defend you to safeguard your interests and rights.
- You need assistance in the collection of evidence. Filing a personal injury car accident lawsuit requires you to present pieces of evidence to support your claim. You may even need to perform some investigation to justify your right to compensation.
A car accident lawyer possesses the experience, skills, and connections to help you in the collection of evidence. The connections of the lawyer with reliable professionals such as police authorities, medical practitioners, and accident reconstructionists can help you gather pieces of evidence that will contribute to your chances of winning your case. Also, there are some types of evidence which can only be acquired by a lawyer through the process of discovery. He knows exactly what types of evidence to look for.
- You’ve failed to get a satisfactory settlement offer. In the event you haven’t received a favorable settlement offer from the insurance company, you should never hesitate to call a lawyer for legal help. It’s one of the most apparent signs that you have to hire legal services to resolve your case successfully. You may not have an idea on how to deal with the insurance company, which is why it’s imperative to hire a car accident lawyer who employs plenty of strategies to negotiate for a better offer.
However, if the deal proves to be futile, your lawyer can bring your case to court. They understand the legal processes of filing a personal injury lawsuit claim against the party at fault, thereby obtaining the right compensation for your losses.
- You’re dealing with a corporate defendant. Your car accident case becomes complicated if the party at fault is a corporation. This is especially true if the other vehicle is a company-owned vehicle such as a semi-truck or limo. In such a case, both the driver and the company will be held liable for your injuries. However, when you sue them, they will also get their team of lawyers who will be tasked to reduce the exposure of the issue and lessen the amount of damages they will pay you.
If you’re confronted with this situation, facing these lawyers by yourself will not be helpful for you. Instead, you should hire a lawyer of your own to guide you. Having them on your side can make sure your rights and interests are well represented in all legal proceedings.
It’s always a great idea to speak to a California lawyer if you’ve been injured in a car accident. Even if you’re not sure that you have a case, at least you can rest knowing that you’ve fully explored all your legal options. Besides, talking to a lawyer will only take some minutes of your time. So, keep these signs in mind and check whether your current circumstances tell you to hire a personal injury lawyer.